One Dead In Suspected Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Churchill

One Dead due to Suspected Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

One person has died and second has been taken to hospital because of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at home in Victoria’s Latrobe Valley.
Police are investigating the incident involving a man and woman in Churchill, near Morwell after a family member called them to the house.
They do not believe that the death was suspicious.
The man, who is aged is his 60s, was found dead at the scene and the woman, also in her 60s, was moved to hospital for observation.
Advertisement

She remained at the Latrobe Regional Hospital in a stable condition on Thursday night.
The pair were found inside the home in Graduation Place at about 3.40pm on Wednesday afternoon.
Police will prepare a report for the Coroner.
Carbon monoxide is a gas that can rise to lethal levels inside houses when possessions such as heaters and portable generators become faulty.
Cars left running in attached garages are another hazard.
Two Shepparton boys, eight-year-old Chase and six-year-old Tyler Robinson, died from carbon monoxide leaking from a gas heater at their rented home in 2010.

Please have your heaters checked by a qualified technician this winter by calling beOnd Plumbing on 1300 599 529.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *