Why hire a licensed plumber?
A licensed plumber ensures you that the plumber has a certificate and
- Meets the expectations and the State’s credentials and education requirements.
- Has passed the relevant exams required for a plumbing license.
- Has legal authorisation to conduct plumbing services.
- Is liable for violating the rules set by the licensing entity.
- Ensures that the job is done right the first time.
The risks of NOT hiring a licensed plumber…
- The contractor may not have the education, training or skill required to carry out the work.
- The uncertainty that the work may not meet the standards.
- The quality of the work may be jeopardised.
- The risk of broken contracts and fraud.
- If a plumber hasn’t bothered to get a license, chances are they didn’t bother with insurance either. A home owner can be liable for all sorts of costs including hospital bills if anyone is inured during the work.
The list could go on and on but there you have some really good points when hiring the right person for the job. Remember that it could cost you double to have something fixed that wasn’t done correctly the first time. And lets not forget that poor quality work could lead to accidents and injuries within our homes and around our families.
For more information or to get a quote feel free to contact us on 1300 599 529 for all your plumbing needs.
If you have a story of plumbing work that went wrong we’d love to hear it… Type it into the comment section below!